When most people think about out-of-band management, they are only thinking about access using something other than their primary network. Out-of-band is more than just an alternate path to remote gear, it’s a smarter way to manage your network
Uplogix is different from traditional out-of-band solutions
Uplogix was founded on the observation that the problem with network management is that it relied on the network itself to operate.
To really manage network infrastructure, you need to operate from an out-of-band perspective—and more than just as a remote secondary connection to devices. For Uplogix, intelligent out-of-band means monitoring devices and taking automated actions directly over the console port, like an onsite technician plugging in a laptop.
Why we say we’re there so you don’t have to be
We go far beyond traditional “dumb” console servers that sit plugged in and waiting to be useful should there be a crisis. Once you remove the network from the critical path for network management, a number of capabilities are possible:
- Maintain management access and control over distributed locations, even when the network is down or degraded.
- With WAN Traffic Failover, user traffic continues to flow over the OOB link, eliminating downtime without the need for additional redundant networks and gear.
- Enforce security policies even during network outages to maintain compliance.
- Log all changes and the results of those changes, and inspect the logs in real-time for problems.
- Continuously monitor critical statistics and user interactions