The Uplogix LM83X Local Manager
Uplogix is created, coded and constructed in Austin, Texas.
The replacement to the 5000, Uplogix’ new Local Manager (LM), the Uplogix LM83X is configurable to manage 8-56 devices. The Uplogix LM83X is a scalable and robust LM with dual power inputs for enterprises and data centers. Connectivity options include dual Ethernet management, a SFP port, modular out-of-band modem otions, and three exapansion bays for serial and dedicated Ethernet connections.
The Uplogix LM83X provides persistent connectivity to managed devices through both in-band and out-of-band (OOB) channels. In the event of a primary network loss, WAN Traffic Failover allows traffic to continue flowing over the OOB link. The LM monitors devices locally using the built-in intelligence of the Uplogix Local Management Software, performing maintenance or recovery tasks as needed, and constantly enforcing security policies—regardless of the state of the network.
Unparalleled management control is possible by interfacing directly through the console port of the devices it manages. This connection enables always-on, localized, round-the-clock management for your IT infrastructure. With integrated functionality for access, control and enforcement, Uplogix LMs can automate as much as 70% of routine network maintenance functions and autonomously address the majority of issues that cause network-related outages. Problems that today might require IT staff on-site physically to resolve are detected by the Uplogix in seconds, and fixed in minutes.
- Management interfaces: Supports up to 56 devices via serial (RS-232); Two 10/100/1000 BaseT Ethernet interfaces (with failover support) and one RS-232 console port; One SFP port
- On-board storage: 256GB NVMe supporting TCG Opal 2.0, 256-bit AES encryption
- Peripheral connectivity: One USB-A port, one USB-C port
- One option slot (RS232; V.92, cellular, and fiber cards available)
- Three expansion slots for 8-Port and 16-Port Serial cards; 8-Port Ethernet card (10/100/1000 Mbps; LCD keypad
Dimensions and Weight
- Height, Width and Depth: 43.2 mm
(1.7 in.) x 445 mm (17.5 in.) x 264 mm (10.4 in.); 1 rack unit (1RU)
- Weight: 3.72 kg (8.2 lbs.)
- Power Supply: Redundant internal universal power (100-240 VAC) 50/60 Hz, 40 W (136.48 BTU)
- Operating: 0° C to 45° C (32° F to 113° F) at mean sea level, 20% to 80% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Non-operating: -30° C to 60° C (-22° F to 140° F) at mean sea level, 90% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Emissions: FCC class A sub part B
- Safety: TUV RoHS compliant
Configurations and Accessories
With up to 150 Mbps download/50 Mbps upload speeds, you can deploy one modem for LTE high speed out-of-band and choose which provider works best at each location. Two high gain external antennas included.
Designed for sites with signal challenges, the CAT-M1 provides extended range and deep penetration in buildings and basements at a slower speed that is still sufficient for the efficient Uplogix out-of-band management traffic at 300 Kbps download/100 Kbps upload. External antenna included.
Install either a 1000Base SX (GLC-SX-MM) SFP or the 1000Base LX/LH (GLC-LH-SM) SFP for fiber connectivity. Both the 1000Base SX (GLC-SX-MM) SFP and the 1000Base LX/LH (GLC-LH-SM) SFP are customer-provided equipment.
LEO-500I Satellite Modem Kit, Includes Iridium 9523, Above and Below Deck Units, power supply and power cords. 500-foot maximum distance between BDU and ADU. Helix cone Iridium and GPS antennas are included with 10-foot cables and right-angle mounts. Antennas can be mounted up to 50-feet away from ADU with customer-provided cable.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
Uplogix LM83X Accessory Kit
- 2 ea Power Cords
- 2 ea Rack Mount Ears
- 4 ea Mounting Screws
- 1 ea USB-A to USB-C cable
- 1 ea Connection Instruction Sheet
- 1 ea Warranty Booklet
Schedule a Demo
Submit a Support Request
Uplogix Resource Center
Uplogix attacks the challenges of network management from a different angle. Take a few minutes to browse through our Data Sheets, Case Studies and additional resources to see for yourself.