Uplogix in the data center
Uplogix brings reliable automation to the data center. Routine data center maintenance tasks can be drastically reduced, leading to greater standardization and lower support costs.
The Uplogix platform has been designed to address the challenges of data center networks by:
- Providing a safety net by quickly pinpointing and recovering from erroneous configuration changes via the transaction-based, SurgicalRollback™ feature, preventing unscheduled downtime
- Rapidly reducing the MTTR from an outage through automated, rules-based diagnosis and recovery
- Removing the need to manage network-connected devices over the network through management automation and secure out-of-band access
- Protecting and ensuring security policies through a robust authentication, authorization and accounting model (AAA), and customizable user access controls
- Maintaining consistent, best-practice procedures for manually executing or automating hundreds of routine maintenance tasks including configuration, patch and policy management—which leads to cost savings, higher uptime and increased management security
Hurd is right, as long as investors want CEOs to grow earnings and cash flow, CIOs will face many challenges including running data centers or moving them to the cloud. The big picture is that CIOs have more levers to work than cloud or no cloud. They can reclaim some of their innovation money through innovative ideas like Uplogix that make their data center operation more efficient.