This article is applicable to Control Center upgrades only.
Due to a Linux kernel update in 4.6, physical access to the server will be required to complete the upgrade to 4.6.
- A CD-ROM must be inserted during the upgrade process.
- Keyboard/monitor access is required to interact with the server's boot menu
Please contact Uplogix Support (888.663.6869 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule an upgrade. We will coordinate a date and time for the upgrade and send you a CD-ROM to be used during the upgrade process.
- Uplogix Support will perform first half of upgrade
- Customer inserts CD
- Uplogix Support shuts down server
- Customer powers on server
- Customer uses keyboard/monitor to instruct server to boot from CD (may require BIOS access to set boot order)
- OS is automatically upgraded on CD boot - no interaction required
- Customer removes CD when prompted by screen
- Customer reboots when prompted by screen
- Uplogix Support completes upgrade
Next Topic: Ping-triggered Service Switching