Deployed in the NOC, the Uplogix Control Center delivers real-time monitoring and management capabilities, offering a unified view of what's occurring in your distributed infrastructure. As an element manager for Uplogix Local Managers, the Control Center also serves as the gateway between the Local Managers in the network and existing IT management systems.
Uplogix Control Center is deployed on a pre-configured, dual CPU, rack-mountable server, and includes an embedded Oracle database engine.
The Uplogix Control Center enables local management by providing a centralized point of control for all Uplogix Local Managers and through this, of managed devices deployed throughout your distributed IT environment. With its web-based graphical user interface (GUI), Control Center puts IT administrators in control of real-time data to easily manage, configure, and control all network devices and servers connected to Uplogix Local Managers.
Key Control Center Capabilities
- Single interface for centralized management - Consistent, enterprise-wide point of control for configuring administrative policies for and scheduling all maintenance, management, configuration, and recovery tasks performed by Uplogix Local Managers. Simple point-and-click interface for executing enterprise-wide management tasks, such as distributing patches, resetting passwords or performing configuration changes.
- Seamless Integration with centralized systems and network management consoles – Serves as a point of integration with other management systems and solutions; alarms and events appear as if they came from the managed device itself.
- Flexible Reporting - Robust and customizable reporting of event, alarm, and device statistics, network service level measurements and the operational status of your Uplogix local Managers across the enterprise
- Extensible Automation - Simple interface for users to define custom actions for Uplogix Configuration Management & Recovery - Archives and stores configuration files for all managed devices and can quickly restore good working configuration file to a managed device via the Uplogix Local Manager
- Compliance Reporting - Archives all session logs from Uplogix Local Managers and Control Center for auditing and compliance purposes
- Persistent Connectivity – Serves as a central proxy for seamless in-band or out-of-band communication with Uplogix Local Managers.